Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands, waters and seas on which we work and live, paying respects to Elders past, present and future.
The arts and the community is important to me. As the President of the Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc., I work with some of the most creative, talented people in the Moreton Bay Region. TheMoreton Bay Arts Council Inc. connects the dots between creative makers, thinkers, places, supporters and audiences and key stakeholders through Advocacy, Learning, Networking and Partnerships.
The Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. is run by volunteers and we work with the arts and cultural community promoting the value of creative enterprise and artistic expression as drivers of innovation, business, culture and regional identity. Our network links the arts and cultural groups across our region from Samford to Woodford, Caboolture to Bribie Island and from Redcliffe to Pine Rivers and Surrounds. With the support from our members and with the support of Moreton Bay Regional Council, Quest Newspapers, 99.7 Bridge FM Radio, Redcliffe Cultural Centre and Arts Queensland, we are the arts peak body for the region.
I encourage you to be a participant in our region’s arts and cultural activities. If you are an artist, a performer, a creative, producer, a maker or a patron contact us.
Please join us and share your thoughts, help us continue to make the Moreton Bay Regional Council area richer through the arts, while guarding the natural creative essence in this wonderful place we call home.
President, Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc.
Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. is a non-proﬁt arts organisation run by volunteers. It was first established in Redcliffe in 2003 as one of 150 arts councils in Queensland, affiliated with Artslink Queensland. Today the Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. an independent arts organisation working across the Moreton Bay Region.
We create and facilitate:
• Regional arts networks,
• Partnerships with government, businesses and local organisations,
• Opportunities for local arts makers,
• Showcases for the arts and cultural communities,
• Sustainable arts industries that support regional tourism.
Through our activities, we strive to:
• Link talented people with other artists and performers and with their potential audiences,
• Inform existing audiences and develop new audiences for the arts and cultural activities,
• Create opportunities for local art makers,
• Support and promote artists and arts activities in the region,
• Provide professional development for artists and arts groups in the region,
• Be a link and help create partnerships between the arts, government and businesses,
• Support sustainable arts industries and regional tourism,
• Honour regional arts, cultural traditions and histories.
Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. commenced as the Redcliffe and District Arts Council in April 2003. In 2009, when the newly named Moreton Bay Regional Council was formed, Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. embraced this entire region and was one of 50 local arts councils in Queensland affiliated with Artslink Queensland until March 2016.
Today it is an independent, non-proﬁt, insured for public liability ($30,000,000), incorporated and ﬁnancially stable organisation.
The Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. charter is to foster the development of young emerging artists and to provide a forum to encourage networking and collaboration. We strive to make arts activities and events accessible and affordable to the community by hosting cultural events, exhibitions, live performances and open forums.
The Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. is a peak body designed to support, encourage, empower and promote artistic and creative talent for groups and individuals within our region by providing networking, professional development and events.
Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. values:
• Diversity and inclusive practices in all arts forms, cultures and groups,
• The promotion of the arts and culture in the Moreton Bay Region and beyond,
• Accessible and affordable arts activities.
Moreton Bay Arts Council Inc. is managed by the executive committee, consisting of a president, a vice president, a secretary and a treasurer.
There are a number of supporting roles which include a meeting chairperson and a meeting minute taker as well as special subcommittees to manage key activities in the community: Creative Voices Forum, Handmade Meets the Arts Markets, Moreton Bay Regional Arts Directory (MBRAD), the Exhibition Team and the Working Together Group which regularly meets with the Moreton Bay Regional Council.
This project is supported by the Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF).
The RADF is a partnership between Queensland Government and Moreton Bay Regional Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.